5507 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant ML110 BIOS Update

boxbusters
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant ML110 BIOS Update

After flashing the bios of my ProLiant ML 110 G5 with: This update file

I am now unable to log in to Windows after doing this update. I get the login screen as normal however my mouse and keyboard are disabled and I am unable to login to the machine. I have tried starting in safe mode,safe mode with networking and still no keyboard or mouse. The system has a PS2 mouse and keyboard so i tried to use a USB mouse and keyboard and no luck. I also was able to get in to bios and tried setting the defaults and this did not help either. The system is running Windows Storage Server 2003 x64. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

This issue could not have come because of BIOS update.

You are able to choose BIOS and Safe Mode so keyboard is working well outside of OS.

My guess is that the server might have infected with trojan or virus.

You could try to login via Windows Remote Desktop if its configured.

Good Luck!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

boxbusters
Occasional Contributor

I don't think you are correct.

I thought maybe the flash just didnt complete properly so I attemtped to flash again and this time the computer did not boot at all. I was getting a ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt error.

I did some searching online and found the originial bios revision and tried to flash the server again. This time - no errors and the computer boots in to windows just fine. Keyboard and mouse work as the did before.