4718 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant ML110 G7 install Windows Server 2012 Foundation ROK gone haywire

Amizan
Occasional Visitor

ProLiant ML110 G7 install Windows Server 2012 Foundation ROK gone haywire

Hello to the expert,

I’m trying to setup a server (ML 110 G7) with Windows Server 2012 Foundation ROK but it when wrongly bad. The server supposed to be setup with RAID 0 using 2 hard disk 1 TB each and 250 GB hard disk as storage (3 bays).

I have to enable the ACU in BIOS so that HP SmartStart can detect the controller and configure the hard disk for RAID 0.

After that I proceed to installation but in the list only display Windows Server 2008. I assume it need an update however I decided to forget about the RAID and proceed installing it directly using the Windows Server 2012 Foundation ROK CD provided by HP.

I did erase all RAID configurations and change the BIOS to default before proceed the next step.

Ok, it looks like Windows 8 so I proceed until the “Install” interface, after that it ask me to choose ‘Upgrade’ or ‘Custom’ installation. Reading the description I have chosen ‘Custom’ and it brought me to the partition selection. I choose the 250 GB hard disk and it when to the installing page where there is a list of step taken and the percentage of the process.

Coming to the second list “Installing Windows…” the server reboot. This is when it goes wrong, after rebooted, no post BIOS and the screen is blank (likes the monitor did not detected the server), CD/DVD drive not reading the media, all 3 hard disk is hot and the fan spinning loudly.

I have tried to boot using back the SmartStart CD but failed. I notice it has 2 short beep and then nothing.

So, please help me solve this issue. Should require detail information I will provide.

Thank You…

2 REPLIES 2
Amizan
Occasional Visitor

Re: ProLiant ML110 G7 install Windows Server 2012 Foundation ROK gone haywire

Alright,

Funny when I left it overnight with all the cable and power dismantle it came back to live in the morning. So... Consider this as problem solve.

However I heard ML110 G7 do have issue installing Win Svr 2012...  Eventhou I have to trouble my friend to came and help me installed it. He do say it is troublesome but somehow manage to install.

Regards,

derick_souza
Frequent Advisor

Re: ProLiant ML110 G7 install Windows Server 2012 Foundation ROK gone haywire