1751876 Members
5530 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems Installing Win2003 on DL 180 G6

gcaracuel
Occasional Visitor

Problems Installing Win2003 on DL 180 G6

I have a problem installing Windows 2003 Standart in a DL180 G6 using the Easy Set-Up CD provided on the web. The Easy setup step go well but Windows installation process return:

"The following value in the .SIF file used by setup is corrupt or missing, Value 1 on line 0 in section 'keyboard' setup cannot continue . to quit press F3"

I have tested with several (USB) keyboards always with the same results. Know someone what is malfunctioning?

I'm using a USB stick to load the Easy Set-Up CD and the Windows image because the server has not optical devices and there is no PS2 port in this server.

PS: Disk controller not detected in a clasical windows installation.

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems Installing Win2003 on DL 180 G6

Hey, sometimes a USB CD/DVD reader comes in handy. But I suppose you'd need a USB Floppy as well for the driver in Windows 2003 (isn't 2003 pretty old by now?). There are USB keys that emulate floppy.

The driver can be found here (in case you do want to use the windows image): http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3884340&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884339&taskId=135

Are you using the EZ setup CD 2.60 (the one in the link above)?
Maybe there are newer ones that do not work with the DL180 G6.

Recently there was a post here on the forum here where it didn't work to have the smartstart(not ez cd) and the OS image on the same USB-key.

Are there any USB options in BIOS that could relate to this maybe?
Did you try different USB ports on the server too?
USB2PS2? =) No that's just a wild guess..
gcaracuel
Occasional Visitor

I have tried with EZ setup CD 2.60 and with an older version getting the same error.

Maybe trying with a different device to OS image cause there is no PS2 port in this server, or my last hope.... nLite.

Thx a lot for your support i'll report if i solve it.

gcaracuel
Occasional Visitor

Using diferent USB sticks for EZ CD and Windows images didn't still the same error with the unnatended keyboard configuration. We have tried with the trial Windows 2008 ISO and get another error about corrupted files.....

We need it working, the possibilities that come to mind are that there are problems with my USB stick (both are identical) or hardware problems on the server.

I will call HP to talk with them but it will be a waste of time beacause i haven┬┤t physical acces to that machine right now.

I hope we will solve it soon and can report it here.

Thanx for your help.