108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Prolaint DL380 G6 w Smart Array P410i

SOLVED
Go to solution
vs80
Occasional Advisor

Hello Everybody, I have a diffirent problem with Proliant DL380 g6 (p410i controller). Some time ago I started receiving the following error message in ACU and on start up -  Cache disabled, array accelerator battery failed (or failed to recharge) and needs to be replaced. I had been using that server for 4 years appr. so I replaced the battery with a new original Hp part. The error message didnt go. So I decided to upgrade the firmware of controller. The installed version was 1.32, I upgraded to 5.7 and nothing changed. The latest version of firmware on HP.com is 6.4B, but I cant install it, when I try to install the smart component, I get the following error - the procedure entry point initialize critical sectionex could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll. Some sources say that SpeedyPC Pro utility can be used to fix this problem, but is it safe? and will it solve the problem. Why I get that error when installing the Firmware? Would be very gratefull if anybody could help me to solve this.

Thank you.

CarterWeslock
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.

We're running Windows 2003R2 Standard x64. HP Smart Updae Manager error's out. Tried to run the update manually and get the enry point error.

vs80
Occasional Advisor

Let me know if you find out anything and vice versa))

CarterWeslock
Frequent Visitor

Sure will. gettnig ready to call HP tech support now.

PZel
Trusted Contributor

Already heard something from HP Tech ???

As what I see, is that V6.40 on P410 W2K3 32 and 64 bits is not working. V6.00 on the other hand works.

On W2k8 systems (32 and 64bits) V6.40 works.

PZ