7378 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant DL 580 G5 - Cannot found an ethernet 10 GBe adapter

MattyOxa
Occasional Visitor

Proliant DL 580 G5 - Cannot found an ethernet 10 GBe adapter

Hi all,

I'm try to find an ethernet 10 GBe card (CAT 6A UTP cabling) for my HP Proliant DL 580 G5, but I cannot found a suitable adapter.

Can I use the "HP Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 530T Adapter" http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetHTML.aspx?docname=c04111054 for my  server?

Thanks for any reply/suggestion

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The supported 10GbE adpater for this system is HP NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter 468332-B21 which a quick Google shows can still be found for sale.

As to answer your question if the 530T will work. It should, but has never been tested and is not a supported option

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
MattyOxa
Occasional Visitor

Hi Jimmy,

thanks for the reply, I appreciated it.

I've a noob question: there is a method to transform SFP out into Ethernet (CAT 6A UTP) out for the NC522SFP adapter?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I'm not aware of an adapter. There are DAC copper cabbles, but they have SFP on both ends

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
BK_HPE
Valued Contributor

Hello @MattyOxa

Jimmy Vance gave excellent information.  According to page 24 of the HP ProLiant DL580 Gen5 QuickSpecs, the only 10 Gigabit Ethernet Adapters compatible is the HP NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter 468332-B21.  Unfortunately, this Ethernet adapter is no longer available directly through HP but as Jimmy Vance wrote there are several online resellers that have that adapter available.

If you would like to ever upgrade your HP server, I am happy to connect you to an HP Server expert that can go over configuration options to best fit your business needs.