1752608 Members
4087 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant DL320 G5 Raid 1 Rebuild error

Murrman72
Occasional Visitor

Proliant DL320 G5 Raid 1 Rebuild error

I have a Proliant DL320 G5 server with the embedded raid controller configured in a RAID1.  The other day the system logs indicated an issue with Disk0.  I went into the Raid controller and ran a verify disk on Disk0 and it failed almost immediately.  I ordered a new hard drive and replaced Disk0 with the new drive.  I then went into the raid controller and ran a rebuild on the array.  The rebuild gets to 96% and then fails with the following error;

"Media error happened during the data transfer.  The array will not be optimal."

I ran a verify disk on both disks0 and disk1 and both were completed succesfuly.  I tried the rebuild again and it keeps failing at exactly the same spot.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get the raid working again?

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant DL320 G5 Raid 1 Rebuild error

Hi,

Can you run Array Diagnostics and share the report.

These errors may come up if any drive has any type of Read/Write errors.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Murrman72
Occasional Visitor

Re: Proliant DL320 G5 Raid 1 Rebuild error

When I go into the Raid contoller setup on bootup the only option I have under Disk Utilities is to Verify Disk.  When I run that on both disks it is successful.

I also installed the HP Storage Manager software on the server but when I open it the program shows the controller with a red X on it.  Under the properties it says the controller is not responding.  Not sure if this program just isn't able to see the embedded controller or not.

Attached is the report from the HP Insight Diagnostics utility.