ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753725 Members
4569 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant DL380G5 expanding a Raid5 with a new disk with a P400 Smartarray CTRL

werner.zeller
Advisor

Proliant DL380G5 expanding a Raid5 with a new disk with a P400 Smartarray CTRL

Hi,

I want to expand a Raid with 3 x 72Gb with a additional 72Gb disk. The Firmware is updated. The Array Config Util shows me the 3 existing disks (3 x 72Gb) and the new inserted disk as unassigned. I like to expand the the raid5, but there is no button on SAS Array A - 1 Logical Drive, also on the controller P400 Slot1. I do have only the button to create a Array! Where is this function? It should be possible on a P400 Array controller?

Thanks!!!!

werner

P.S.This thread has been moved from  Servers>General  to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)-HP Forums Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant DL380G5 expanding a Raid5 with a new disk with a P400 Smartarray CTRL

Hi Werner,

Battery backed cache (BBWC) upgrade is required to enable controller to perform RAID 6 with ADG, array expansion, logical drive extension, RAID migration, and stripe size migration on Smart Array P400 controller.

However, You can create a new array without upgrading the BBWC.

Select a controller from the Controller/Device menu >> Choose Create Array from the Configuration screen.

If you don't see the create Array Option then it could be problem with your ACU version, Controller driver or firmware, download the latest ACU version and check. Use Smartstart CD to launch offline ACU.

Hope this helps,

How to say Thanks.... Click on Star Kudos.

Cheers!

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Hazem Bahgat
Frequent Advisor

Hi Werner,

Battery backed cache (BBWC) upgrade is required to enable controller to perform RAID 6 with ADG, in addition a firmware upgrade is required for the Smart array controller, so that you can get the capability to expand the Logical drive and add the HDD to the existing RAID relation

Best Regards and Appreciation,
Hazem Bahgat

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.