ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753762 Members
4714 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant DL380e Gen8 keeps crashing (PSOD) after upgrade to HP customized VMWare ESXi 5.5 U2

cykVM
Frequent Advisor

Re: Proliant DL380e Gen8 keeps crashing (PSOD) after upgrade to HP customized VMWare ESXi 5.5 U2

In between more users having the same trouble/PSODs dropped into discussion at VMWare communities. Some are testing the updated hpvsa-90 driver with HP custoimized VMWare 5.5 Update 2 with so far stable results (their servers run for about 2-5 days without any trouble).

cykVM
Frequent Advisor

To keep this up to date: Further users with a Proliant Gen8 server and a B120i/B320i Dynamic Smart Array controller came across my discussion at VMWare forums (see: https://communities.vmware.com/thread/491027?start=60&tstart=0)

Some tried updating to hpvsa driver version -90 prior to upgrading/installing VMWare 5.5 Update 2. The PSODs stopped with hpvsa-90 driver but disk performance went down massively. That's what I experieced with hpvsa-90 driver and my VMWare 5.5 Uüpdate 1 installation.

For detailed description of the tests being done see VMWare forum discussion.

I will stick wioth 5.5 Update 1 and hpvsa-88/86 driver because it's running stable for aboutr 4 weeks now without issues.