3643 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant ML150 G6 - Bios Update

Edifrst16
Occasional Collector

Proliant ML150 G6 - Bios Update

Hello there!

We have one Proliant ML150 G6 wich was configured on the P410 with  RAID 10,  4 disks , 2 TB each , Im trying to install the Windows Server 2012 R2  but doesn't are allocating all disks, obsviosly I tried to change partiton to GPT, but not are working, when start the Os that show just 2 TB to use. I can't update the bios because we are out of warranty. Should someone give me some solution ( the firmaware update) ? I supose I need to update the Bios, that way I can boot in UEFI mode, should solve the problem. 

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant ML150 G6 - Bios Update

@Edifrst16 wrote:

Hello there!

I supose I need to update the Bios, that way I can boot in UEFI mode, should solve the problem. 

G6 BIOS update does not change the system into a UEFI capable system.  Gen9 are the first ProLiant to offer UEFI

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Edifrst16
Occasional Collector

Thank you Jimmy!  Do you know how should I fix this? How make the OS recognize all disks?

Povi
Advisor

Hello

I found another forum, it might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6kWuNb9hsA

On The HP array manager it's called slightly different.

From 5:40 Creating an array - use all drives 

From 5:50 - Creating Logical Drive - at this point you create 2 logical drives - with the option SIZE you click Other and will let you chose the size of Logical drive one smaller that you would use as MBR for the System installation then you will be left with UNUSED  space - from that create a 2nd Logical drive and this can be changed to GPT for partitions bigger than 2 TB.

Good luck

Povi

And a small gift in private

Vktor
Frequent Advisor
ISAIASBER

would you be able to provide access to these firmware I need to update my ml 150 g6 server and I can't find it.

I wait......

Harshitha_K
HPE Pro

Hi @ISAIASBER ,

Here is the link to download the firmware for ml150 g6 server.

Thank you!

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo