ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753341 Members
5062 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant ML350 G6 Raid array moves

mikey10

Proliant ML350 G6 Raid array moves

I'm going to move two Raid arrays.  One Raid 10 (c drive) and one Raid 5 (d drive) from a Proliant ML350 G6 to a new server but the same exact hardware.  It is running Windows 2008 R2 sp1.  WIll I have any issues?  I'm moving the drives because there is something wrong with the current hardware.

2 REPLIES 2
viniciof
Valued Contributor

Re: Proliant ML350 G6 Raid array moves

Hello Mikey10

If you are moving from an ML350 g6 to another ML350 G6 with same configuration it shouldn't be any issues, even if moving to similar server with same type of array controller (p410i in this case).  Try to have all firmware at the same level before move them and use the same drive bays (keep bay numbering). 

I have done this before without issues but always, first time server boots, I get into Windows Safe Mode first to update system drivers then restart and boot in normal mode sucesfully.  As always, it's good thing to have a complete back up just in case..

Rgds,

rgds,
vf

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS Star! .....
RSextonFL
Advisor

Re: Proliant ML350 G6 Raid array moves

I agree with Viniciof! I have recently moved from a ML370 G2 to a ML370 G4 and had very few issues. In my case I had a bad slot in the existing server (G2) but also had a spare G2, so I moved everything to the spare and was then able to boot the server with the G4's raid card to install drivers and then move everything to the G4 and had NO ISSUES other than very long dark screen boot time. This is the time between the splash screen and the logon prompt where the screen goes dark.

I suspect you too will be surprisingly pleased in the move!
Rob