4602 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant service pack Failed to download web component

Typhoon87
Frequent Advisor

Proliant service pack Failed to download web component

Hello,

I am trying out this new Proliant Service Pack with HP SUM 5.X in it and everytime I attempt to install an update that has the HP.com logo next to it in the choose your compnents screen I get the following error "Failed to download web component".

I have tried on our internal network and a machine on an outside straight to the internet pipe both fail. Is there a known way to fix this issue?

Tom

6 REPLIES 6
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

I guess you are talking about service pack for proliant ( SPP ) ? If yes , are you doing the bootable one or the Windows specific ( non-bootable ) image ? If doing online , I would suggest try the bootable ( 1.4Gb ) image and run the Sum

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
epretorious
Regular Advisor

@Goutham_Sabala wrote:

...are you doing the bootable one or the Windows specific ( non-bootable ) image ? If doing online , I would suggest try the bootable ( 1.4Gb ) image and run the Sum

I haven't tried using used the current Service Pack for Prolaint (2012.01.00) to install components via HP.com but I've also had the same problem (i.e., "Failed to download web component") using the "offline" method using the Red Hat-specific ISO for the DL/ML/BL platforms.

Eric Pretorious
Typhoon87
Frequent Advisor

Hello Goutham

I am using the Offline for Windows Server iso. I have not tried using the bootable dvd I will have to try that in the near future.

It almost seems like a potential bug.

MidOfa
Regular Visitor

Just ran through the same thing (Failed to download web component error, which stopped the update session), using 2012.01.0 online. This on a DL380 G6 running Win2008 R2 Std with SP1 and up to date OS patches. Most of the server firmware & drivers was of fairly recent revision (current 6 months ago). 

Since I've experienced more trouble with online firmware updates than anything, I re-ran HPSUM, and deselected all of the firmware updates. The update then ran and completed without error.

I then booted the server on the SPP/HPSUM (USB stick), and ran the firmware updates off-line. This also worked without error.

Finally, I rebooted into the OS, and re-ran the utility. It discovered a few more that I guess were dependent on firmware, and those then updated without issue. (I used the stock repository, plus FTP downloads as of 3/29/2012). 

Tedious, as I've kind of come to expect, but successful. I did this only on a single local server; I've not used or tried this remotely or with multiple targets.

TonyEnta

Also getting the same thing "Failed to download web component"

Using 2012.06.0(B), SPP - ProLiant ML/DL/SL Microsoft Windows Server Pack ISO Image

I'm actually sure why it is even trying to install drivers from the FTP, but those drivers are the only options I get regardless of if I actually selected the ftp.hp.com repository or not... seems odd to me.

Server can access the web, can access ftp.hp.com, but everytime it fails with this pretty useless error. Which component? Why has it failed?

And it would be so nice to be able to go back, change some options and try again, having to exit and have to start from scratch is soooooo tedious!!!

TheJoeAlves
Occasional Visitor

I had this problem and was able to update teh software but not the firmware. Eventually I manually updated the repository manager and the iLO. After that HP SUM was able to update the firmware.