ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753529 Members
4958 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Rebuild Dl165 G6? How can I get the initial HP drivers/utilities loaded?

jpickeri

Rebuild Dl165 G6? How can I get the initial HP drivers/utilities loaded?

Easy Start CD does not apply to this one model (per HP Easy Start docs), SmartStart 'not supported model' (have tried 8.4, 8.6 and 8.7 just in case), and drivers cannot be loaded as .exe via cd-rom becasue the system does not read them (just results in failure to boot).

How can I get this machine rebuilt? Step 1 getting the HP drivers loaded and disk array set up seems next to impossible?

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Usually 100 series server are like Desktop systems.

Boot from the OS CD and install the OS, during installation it may ask you for Array Drivers, download the drivers before OS installation.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01752920.pdf

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Hazem Bahgat
Frequent Advisor

Greetings,

i would recommend that you first install the latest SPPoffline, here is the link:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx

this will ensure that your firmware is up todate,

following this, put into your OS CD,  and install your required OS.

once you are down, run the SPP online again, which will ensure that your drivers will be updated to the latest version

Best Regards and Appreciation,
Hazem Bahgat

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.