New Discussion

Re: Redundancy lost SMH SNMP Agents Windows server 2012 r2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Redundancy lost SMH SNMP Agents Windows server 2012 r2

Hi.

I have a DL360 Gen9 that i have connected 2 nics to seperate Cisco switches and configured a Windows teaming adapter (windows server 2012 r2) and in the Microsoft teaming tool everything is OK and green. The Setup is a Active/Passive switch independant,  with a Address hash loadbalancing and the second nic as standby.

But when i open the System Management Homepage there is a warning on the Switch independent Team and it says Redundancy lost. Any one have any idea about why it would say that when both nics have connection?

SMH 7.5.0.4

Management agents 10.20.0.0

Firmware and other drivers from SPP2015.06.0

Best Regards

//Cederberg

4 REPLIES 4
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Apperently it has something to do with the standby NIC. If I set both NIC as active the warning goes away. Evidently HP doesn't think Active/standby is redundancy in this release of the management agents.

waaronb
Respected Contributor

This has started happening to me on my HP servers using the Windows Server 2012 built-in load balancing.

Like you said, if my adapters are active/standby and both are working fine, I still have the NIC agent reporting "Redundancy Lost", incorrectly.

To "fix" it and avoid false positives in SIM, I've gone into the HP agents and disabled the NIC agent.  I was hoping they'd fix this but the new agent install is out (10.30.0.0) and the problem was still there.

It only happens on some servers, and it may be the way they're setup.  On some DL380 G8 systems, I have 2 nics in one active/standby team, and the other 2 in a different active/standby team.  They all show up as fine, maybe because there are 2 teams?  It only seems to happen on servers with a single team in active/standby mode.

Come on HP, fix it! :)

Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Found this Advisory from HP from the beginnig of the year. At least now they are aware of the "problem"

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04936108&sp4ts.oid=344313

SergeMan
Solution

It appears that this has finally been fixed with the latest release of Insight Management Agents version 10.40.0.0