ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753448 Members
6202 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Target local iLO with HP PowerShell cmdlets (without using host name or IP address)

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Target local iLO with HP PowerShell cmdlets (without using host name or IP address)

Is there a way to target the local iLO automatically, without specifying an iLO name or IP address, with the HP iLO PowerShell cmdlets?

When I build a new server from an image, the iLO most of the time is not yet configured or on the network.  I want to write a PS script that configures the iLO as part of the sysprep process of building a new Windows server (a run-once script).  So I need to be able to target the "local iLO" in the script since the iLO does not have an IP yet assisgned to it.

Since the "HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility" can do this, I am assuming it is techically possible for the PowerShell cmdlets to do it also; just not sure if HP actually implemented this feature.

Thanks

NK

3 REPLIES 3
joerod
Visitor

Re: Target local iLO with HP PowerShell cmdlets (without using host name or IP address)

I'm interested in doing the same thing.  Although our iLo's are configured and on network, its sometimes difficult for us to know the iLo IP.  If I could run the commands locally this would save us form this headach.  

GokulKS
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

I think i got your question - You want to do INBAND communication from the Server where you are running iLO PowerShell cmdlets.

If answer is Yes to above question then currently this feature is not supported in the current iLO which requires INBAND drivers to be included in the PowerShell binaries and use same.

Will discuss with my team and come back on the same .

Thanks,

Gokul 

HPE PowerShell Team

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Thank you sir.

NK