1748169 Members
3845 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Very fast fan speed in ML350 G6

andy-x
Advisor

Very fast fan speed in ML350 G6

I have mount a NIC NC112T PCIe in a Proliant ML350 G6 with all Bios upgrade done.

The fan speed is very fast and noise is very strong.
If i unistall NIC the speed is very low, and low noise.

S.O. is Debian 5.0.5 Lenny.

Where do I install the NIC to solve the problem?

Sorry for my bad english.
8 REPLIES 8
andy-x
Advisor

Re: Very fast fan speed in ML350 G6

Anyone can help me?
I had to remove the NIC but I have the server running for half ....
Please someone knows a solution?
ERIC BARRIERE

Hello Andy,
I have kind of the same problem but on a ML370 G5 running Debian. My fans are running at a very high speed. I did not do not anything until now. I have one question about your post : what is NIC ?
ERIC BARRIERE

To my understanding : when you plug a network interface (physically into the server) the fan speed increases... Which is definitely weird to me.

I did not plug anything else that was included in my server since I received it. The fan speed is very high and I am looking for an application to set-up /control this fan speed.
andy-x
Advisor

I have install NC112T Network interface card.
If i unmount network interface card all is OK.

The problem is operating system independet and occurs also with HP diagnostic CD-ROM...

I am very confused.....
BOFH_1
Occasional Advisor

I don't have a ML350-G6 to check with, but I'd look in RBSU and see if there is a function for the fan speed.

Older ProLiant servers required the health driver to be loaded to slow the fans down, don't know if that is still a requirement with G6 models
There's no such thing as a stupid question; just stupid people
Manuel Boosch
Frequent Advisor

hello,

plz read this advisory :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02207406тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=3884315&prodTypeId=15351

!

regards
andy-x
Advisor

Sorry Manuel but not solve the problem, thanks for now.

For now I have disable PCI from RBSU and wait for response from HP.... hope in fast response...
Jonathan-S

I just worked a case with this issue and after reviewing the reports we found a high temperature, not really hight just higher than the others, in the scsi backplane.

We changed it and nothing, then we changed the cables to it, and that was it, the fans came down to a normal speed.

Has anyone change the cables?