1752509 Members
5009 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Warranty on Proliant hard drives

TimmAi
Occasional Contributor

Warranty on Proliant hard drives

I have a hard drive that has failed that was part of a RAID1 array on a ProLiant DL360 G7.  I have extracted the serial number (remotely) via ProLiant DL360 G7, however upon trying to check if the drive is under warranty, it says i need the product ID to check this.

Upon entering this into the warranty checker, it says invalid.  How do i check the warranty status on my hard drive?

Thanks

Serial Number: 6SD26FPD0000B117HD4Q
Model: HP EG0146FAWHU

Product ID: 507119-003

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Warranty on Proliant hard drives

Going by the Model number and product ID you have posted the actual Options part number is

507125-B21 - HP 146GB 6G SAS 10K SFF (2.5-inch) Dual Port Enterprise 3yr Warranty Hard Drive

Reference

HP/Compaq Hard Disk Drives - Hard Drive Model Number Matrix

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00305257

https://h10057.www1.hp.com/ecomcat/hpcatalog/specs/provisioner/99/507125-B21.htm

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
TimmAi
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

OK, so i used that Product ID in the warranty checker and it still telling me that it is "The information you provided does not match our records.".  It then suggests contacting HP, which i have no way of doing since i do not have a maintenance contract specifically on this drive.

All i need to know is if the drive is covered by warranty.

thanks!

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Options are generally tied to a system, maybe the warranty checker only searches for system serial numbers?

The drive has a 3yr warranty, if it is within the 3yrs since you purchased the drive it is under warranty. Look at your invoice

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
TimmAi
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jimmy,

thanks for the help.  I managed to get in touch with the remote DC user, and got them to pull the drive.  Another question is how come i have 3 serials to choose from?

2C6104V0MA

This appears to be a "HP" serial number, and using the lookup tool was able to verify the warranty status on the drive.

6SD26FPD

This looks to be the actual Drive serial number, since the drive is manufactured by Seagate.

6SD26FPD0000B117HD4Q

This is the serial extracted from the HP tools via Linux.  Its made up of the Seagate serial plus some other characters.

My question is is there a way to translate from the long serial extracted via HP tools and the HP serial number?

Thanks