3602 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

can be mixed with sata sas disks in a ProLiant DL380 G7

Ilbis Insfran
Advisor

can be mixed with sata sas disks in a ProLiant DL380 G7

Hi.

can be mixed with sata sas disks in a ProLiant DL380 G7?
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Nicolai Rasmussen
Regular Advisor

Re: can be mixed with sata sas disks in a ProLiant DL380 G7

You can mix SAS and SATA drives in the same server/diskbox, yes - but NOT in the same array. Meaning you will need a minimum of 2 arrays, if you want to mix sas and sata in a DL380 G7.

Ilbis Insfran
Advisor

ok.

thank you very much

Ali
HPE Pro

HI,

Answer is Yes.  You can mix SAS and SATA drives on the same controller but group them in a seperate Array.

DL380 G7 comes with integrated HP Smart Array P410i controller which does support mixing of SATA and SAS Hard Drives on the same controller.

When adding hard drives to the server, observe the following general guidelines:

• The system automatically sets all drive numbers.
  • If only one hard drive is used, install it in the bay with the lowest drive number.
  • Drives must be the same capacity to provide the greatest storage space efficiency when drives are grouped together into the same drive array.
  • Drives in the same logical volume must be of the same type:
  • ACU does not support mixing SAS and SATA drives in the same logical volume.
  • ACU does not support mixing traditional drives and solid state drives (SSD) in the same logical volume.

Please refer to SAS Hard Drive Guided Troubleshooting for more information on SAS technology:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0100857 

Please refer to feature section of Smart Array P410i controller quickspec for more info on mixing:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01677092 

hope this helps,

How to say thanks.... Click on Star Kudos!

Cheers!

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo