ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751878 Members
5401 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: can one put 3rd PCIe cards in to DL server?

serg_v
Occasional Collector

can one put 3rd PCIe cards in to DL server?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to understand what's official HP position on using 3rd party cards in Proliant DL systems.

Some other server vendors maintain strict support matrix for 3rd party cards and prohibit inserting into server anything not in the list.

I've heard that HP doesn't have such compatibility matrix and allows using any cards as long as card vendor is ready to support it. For example it's non-HP branded PCIe Flash card.

* Could anyone please point me to either support matrix or support statements on this topic if any of them are published?

* Did anyone of you meet problems with HP support refusing in service because of 3rd party card installed?

Best wishes,

Sergey

3 REPLIES 3
LouisH
Valued Contributor

HP will let customers use any card in their servers with the understanding that if the server is having problems and a support call is logged with HP, Support may ask you to remove the 3rd party card.

If support verifies that server works without the card installed, then HP responsibility ends.

If the 3rd party card damages the server backplane or power supply, then you (the customer) may be responsible.

Regards,

Louis

serg_v
Occasional Collector

Is this documented somewhere?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Have a look into your support agreements.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!