1748266 Members
3533 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

firmware update - backups failing

Ken Etter
Occasional Advisor

firmware update - backups failing

HP DL380 G7 running OES 11 SP1 and SLES 11 SP2.  I updated the firmware using HP_Service_Pack_for_Proliant_2013.02.0-0_725490-001_spp_2013.02.0-SPP2013020.2013_0204.107.iso.  After that, my backups started failing.  Contacted the backup software vendor (Arkeia) and they stated that their logs show hardware failure.  Contacted HP support and they recommended upgrading the cciss driver.  That did not solve the problem, so they sent a replacement tape drive (HP LTO-5 Ultrium).  That did not solve the problem.  Currently waiting on a controller card to show up this morning (P212/ZM).  If that doesn't fix it, I will probably back-rev the firmware.  Never had a firmware update cause an issue before, so I'm looking for instructions on how to revert the firmware to the previous version.  I'm also open to any other suggestions.  I need to get backups running on this server again.

1 REPLY 1
Ken Etter
Occasional Advisor

Re: firmware update - backups failing

Simple fix.  A little research, reboot the server, go into the bios, and tell it to use the previous firmware.  Problem solved.