ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753795 Members
6704 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO Powershell Cmdlets - How to add directory groups?

bspach
Occasional Visitor

iLO Powershell Cmdlets - How to add directory groups?

I have successfully set the iLO controllers to use LDAP using

Set-HPiLODirectory -Server $_ -Username $iloUsername -Password $iloPassword -LDAPDirectoryAuthentication Use_Directory_Default_Schema -ServerAddress $LDAPServer -ServerPort $LDAPServerPort -UserContext1 '@corp.domain.com' -DisableCertificateAuthentication

Now LDAP is enabled, but not active.  How do you remotely add an entry to the Directory Groups table in the User Administration section?

4 REPLIES 4
Ohad_Fridman

If you're still searching Try Set-HPiLOSchemalessDirectory.

works for me.

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Yes Set-HPiLOSchemalessDirectory is the way to add directory groups to the iLO.

Did it solve your problem ?

Thanks,

Gokul

HPE PowerShell Team

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

K9OL

How about how to remove Active Directory Groups? Trying to clean up some legacy groups. I have no problem adding to Group1Name... however I would like to remove the Information in Group5Name.

K9OL

Figured it out... :)

The following:

Set-HPiLOSchemalessDirectory -Server $HOSTNAME -USERNAME $user -Password $pwd -DisableCertificateAuthentication -Group1Name ""

Will remove the exisiting Group in the #1 slot and and then move the data in #2 to #1, #3 to #2, ETC...

The following:

Set-HPiLOSchemalessDirectory -Server $HOSTNAME -USERNAME $user -Password $pwd -DisableCertificateAuthentication -Group1Name $Admin -Group1Priv $Admin_Priv -Group1SID $Admin_SID -Group2Name $Opt -Group2Priv $Opt_Priv -Group2SID $Opt_SID -Group3Name $RO -Group3Priv $RO_Priv -Group3SID $RO_SID -Group4Name "" -Group5Name "" -Group6Name "" 

Will take the values stored in the Variables and assign them while removing any existing AD Groups that reside in the #4, #5, and #6 slots.