ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748160 Members
4119 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

possible to use hpsum to upgrade firmware online with internal server instead of HP SPP ftp server

ScholesC
Occasional Visitor

possible to use hpsum to upgrade firmware online with internal server instead of HP SPP ftp server

Hi ALL,

is this possible ?

possible to use hpsum commands  to  upgrade firmware online with internal server instead of HP SPP ftp server  ?

anyone did something similar ?

currently: we use hpsum to upgrade firmware with HPSPP in NFS folders.

thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: possible to use hpsum to upgrade firmware online with internal server instead of HP SPP ftp ser

>> online with internal server instead of HP SPP ftp server

I'm not really sure about the question.

You can run hpsum from any local machine and update remote servers online.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: possible to use hpsum to upgrade firmware online with internal server instead of HP SPP ftp ser

You might look at the Software Delivery Repository (SDR).  This link has a short section on mirroring the repository

http://downloads.linux.hp.com/getting_started.html

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
ScholesC
Occasional Visitor

Hi Torsten,

thank you .. I meant that,  currently  I can use hpsum 6.01 upgrade firmware with HPSPP in nfs folder like this below.

hpsum --s /romonly /use_location /dat/kickstart/HPSPP/2014.02 /logdir /var/tmp

now we want to use hpsum --s /romonly /use_web /logdir /var/tmp to upgrade firmware with HPSPP that from internal ftp/http server .

/use_web ,retrieve any updates from ftp.hp.com , but I dont want to retrieve from ftp.hp.com . want to retrieve updates from ftp.mysite.com instead ...

thanks,

Scholes.

ScholesC
Occasional Visitor

thanks , good to know that .. but that's for softwares ..