1753797 Members
8293 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"PCI Bus Parity Error PCI Slot 00" error

Paragon1996
Occasional Contributor

"PCI Bus Parity Error PCI Slot 00" error

I have a Proliant ML370 G3 Windows NT 4.0 with a 5300 Controller Card when I reboot the server its goes through the booting process and then finally get to the "select Operating system" section and from that point I get a blue screen with this NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity error. If I boot the server and go to the System Diagnostics Utilities it starts the diagnostics but the all of the sudden it goes to a black screen gives this weird error "PCI Bus Parity Error PCI Slot 00" Any help will be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Michael Saurman
Advisor

Re: "PCI Bus Parity Error PCI Slot 00" error

typically seen when the systemboard is hosed. replace system board.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Check out with this:

Clear NVRAM.
Flash BIOS.
Then check

If problem presist then go for system board replacement.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
patrick haynes
Frequent Advisor

i have had this happen, however this occurred right after post just when looking for a boot device, the problem i believe was with the cd image i was attempting to boot from. it occurred and i replaced the system board thinking it was a defective 5i controller on a dl380g3 and it still occurred however i didn't have the same cd in prior to replacing the system board, however it was the same winpe installer image.
patrick haynes
Frequent Advisor

also had this happen on a bl20p g2 and it was due to a defective fiber mezz - 305313-001.
TFlood

Proliant DL 380 G2 Windows 2003 SP2 with a Smart Array 5i scsi controller card.

I had the same error. No changes had been made to the server for 3 months other than Windows Security updates ( this was a clean fresh W2k3 SP2 install w/ an oracle DB. Then it just got hung and I had to hard boot. It would boot fully only 1 out of 10 times and if it booted it would crash after a few minutes with this error. I had another DL 380 G2 that I used to swap the ram with - still same error.
Swapped the Scsi controller, hard drives, and Ram from the dead server to the working server and it boots up and stays up now. The original server is still throwing the same error, so I know it is probably hardware related and definitely NOT the ram, hard drives or Scsi controller. Maybe motherboard or a bios issue. One server ( dead ) has a bios from 2004. The working server has a bios from 2001.