1752556 Members
4795 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: set bios time via iLO 4 textconsl

shoubam
Occasional Visitor

set bios time via iLO 4 textconsl

I would like to set the bios time via hp iLO 4 (Firmware version 2.10 Jan 15 2015) textcons.
As far as I can tell this is not possible, since accessing setup requires pressing F9 in a graphics screen which is
not displyed in textcons, only via web console (.NET).
I was able to set the bios time using the web console, but would prefer to use textcons, as the webconsole is
slow and clumsy, and I have 40 servers to do this on. Am I missing something, or is that just the way it is?

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

You should be able to use textcon or VSP to access RBSU. What model servers are youworking with?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
shoubam
Occasional Visitor

It is a ProLiant SL230s Gen8. What is RBSU?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

RBSU = Rom Based Setup Utility. That is where you go when pressing F9

shoubam
Occasional Visitor

You were right. I just need to be patient :). Thank you.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

As the system boots it tries to determine if you are on the real console or using texcons or VSP.  If you preferred method is text based, you can change a setting in RBSU to force text mode. If I recall te setting is under BIOS Serial Console & EMS - BIOS Interface Mode

shoubam
Occasional Visitor

I tried the rbsu in text mode, which is not really what I wanted - the rbsu in pseude graphics mode works pretty well and is more intuitive to use for me.

What was irritating me was the message "Monitor is in graphics mode or an unsupported text mode." But since now I know that I just have to wait untill I can press F9, things are OK for me. Thank you for your guidance.