108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Drives not recognized?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eric McGill_2
Occasional Advisor

Drives not recognized?

I just bought a 1600r with a single PII/300 that is running windows 2000. It has a 9.1Gig, a 2.1 Gig and 4.3 Gig drive (top to bottom) and windows only recognizes the 9.1 gig. I'm completely unfamiliar with Arrays generally, but I think the drives are just sitting there unused.

How can I use those drives for storage?

Thank you very much.

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ProLiant Servers - Netservers. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
e4services
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Drives not recognized?

Well chances are this is not an array controller but just a SCSI controller. No matter, when the system boots, and what ever SCSI BIOS loads you should see a report of devices and drives to give you the information on what controller is loading and what hard drives it see connected to it. If it does not list all of the drives, make sure they are connected and have power, or may be they have failed, or move the un-reported drives to a reported slot. If they are all reported then you should see them in Disk Manager in windows and there is probably no partition or they are in one extended partition.
Kind of hard to help from here, but ma be this will get you started.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Eric McGill_2
Occasional Advisor

Re: Drives not recognized?

Thanks, I know I didn't give you much to go on. I think you are exactly right, it looks like the 2.1 gig is bad and they never made it as far as creating a partition on the 3rd (4.3 gig). Thanks again!
Eric