108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Microserver G8 loosing RAID0 array after shutdown

ganomi
Occasional Contributor

HP Microserver G8 loosing RAID0 array after shutdown

Hi,

I purchases two G8's recently to run Ceph Storage. My config is:

1x SSD for OS (I added this drive instead of DVD)

4x HDDs for data (not in RAID)

The problem is that I am not able to boot from the additional SSD unless I create RAID0 on this drive. But when I do, the array is lost after shutting the system down. This has happened twice already.

To recover, I just create a RAID0 array again on the SSD and the system boots. But this is getting quite anonying.

Any thoughs?

BTW, the best would be if I am able to boot from the SSD without creating RAID, but not sure if this is possible.

Thanks Jiri

P.S. This trhead has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ProLiant Servers - Netservers. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
hpkasabbagh
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

Is possible when you attach the ssd in mother board without the smart array. Check microserver gen8 service maintenance guide if you have port available or check the optical drive compatibility. You could disable smart array controller on RBSU too.
sturbinator
Occasional Visitor

Have you managed to solve this issue? I have exactly the same problem

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @sturbinator

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and help you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo