108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to monitor RAID status on N54L?

SOLVED
Go to solution
rtrbnc
Occasional Contributor

How to monitor RAID status on N54L?

I have an N54L with a Smart Array p212 RAID controller. The N54L has VMWare ESXi installed. Is there a way I can manually check the RAID controller and disk status, or any automated way I can monitor it (SNMP, etc)?

2 REPLIES 2
rtrbnc
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: How to monitor RAID status on N54L?

I figured this out. I downloaded the ESXi Offline Bundle from here:

http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/apr2013/esxi-5x-bundles/hp-esxi5.0uX-bundle-1.4.5-3.zip

Then copied it to the ESXi data store and installed it from the command line:

esxcli software vib install -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/hp-esxi5.0uX-bundle-1.4.5-3.zip

After that I rebooted the ESXi server and the RAID health shows up under the vSphere client.

vsphere.png

James_PSX

Re: How to monitor RAID status on N54L?

Hello,

Have you managed to get this working on ESXI Version 5.5?

I've installed the following zip file and installed it, but after the re-boot I can't see the RAID config.

File - hp-esxi5.5uX-bundle-1.6-22.zip

The install test was - esxcli software vib install -d /vmfs/volumes/546fb31d-c3fcfde0-7f57-38eaa7abfbc9 hp-esxi5.5uX-bundle-1.6-22.zip

The ESXI can tell the hard drives that make up the storage are using slots 2 and 3, but it would be goot to monitor them properly.

Any help / guidance would be gand.

Thanks in Advance

James

@rtrbnc wrote:

I figured this out. I downloaded the ESXi Offline Bundle from here:

http://vibsdepot.hp.com/hpq/apr2013/esxi-5x-bundles/hp-esxi5.0uX-bundle-1.4.5-3.zip

Then copied it to the ESXi data store and installed it from the command line:

esxcli software vib install -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/hp-esxi5.0uX-bundle-1.4.5-3.zip

After that I rebooted the ESXi server and the RAID health shows up under the vSphere client.

vsphere.png