ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1751894 Members
5178 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LH3000 Beep Code

Jeff Ronner

LH3000 Beep Code

I recently replaced an external drive cabinet on an LH3000 server, and when I rebooted I heard a beep code that I can't identify: one long, two short (like the Morse Code letter "D"). The server boots without a problem and appears to operate normally. Anyone know what this beep code means??
5 REPLIES 5
meloni
Honored Contributor

did you have some added card in you pci bus?

bye

marino
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
Alicia White
Esteemed Contributor

Have you checked the System Event Log? If there are any hardware problems, they should show up there.

You can check the Event Log a number of ways:
--use the front panel LCD menu to view
--reboot to the navigator CD & use the Event Viewer utility
--HP Instant Top Tools for netservers

Also, are there any indicator LEDs on the front of the system that aren't green? (either amber or red?)
Jeff Ronner

System Log is clear (other than "POST Complete" and the date the box was rebooted.
All LED's are green. Isn't there a listing somewhere of what the POST beep-codes are? The one in the Knowledge Base doesn't include the one I got.
CA660377
Honored Contributor

1-2 beep codes are commonly related to video issues. If you are getting video, I would recommend cleaering the cmos and updating the BIOS. You may also look into f/w upgrades on the rack storage system and Netraid controller.
meloni
Honored Contributor

hi

here somes info about boot beep codes, usualy when you have an additional card in your server, check if this apply to your case

ISSUE:
If several beep codes occur when booting a Netserver, there may be a problem with boot ordering in the BIOS.

SOLUTION:
Make the following change to the "Hard Drive Priority" when prompted during the POST:

- Press F2 to enter the Netserver BIOS Configuration Utility
- Select "Boot Settings" and "Hard Drive Priority"
- Move the "Bootable Cards" entry to the top of the menu.

Make sure that the card connected to the boot device is listed immediately after the "Bootable Cards" entry. Save the settings and reboot the server.

bye

marino
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)