5892 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Microserver gen8 Raid data recovery

alter4
Visitor

Microserver gen8 Raid data recovery

Hi Guys,

I have Microserver gen8 at home. I have RAID 1 via HP software controller B120i. After server death I found drivers are OK. I thought it was enoght to plug one of HDDs to my workstation to copy all data. I was wrong, the workstation sees only first logical drive (system part of 80gb), other disk space is shown as unallocated. Later I learned from internet if you have 2 logical drives in array ( I assume it is called LUNs ) it is "normal" do not see second logical drive from usual workstation with sata ahci controller.  The question is it possible to save my data somehow?

Thanks to all in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Microserver gen8 Raid data recovery

Hi,

Try connecting both hard drives to any other HP Smart Array controller so that the controller detects the RAID array from the raid information stored in the RAID Information Sector (RIS) on the hard drives and pull up the logical drives so that you may get an opportunity to backup data.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

alter4
Visitor

Thank you very much for the idea! I will concider this as last resort. The difficulty here is I don't any other smart controller at hand. Is there any data recovery software that undestands RAID partition and allows me to restore my data to other HDD?

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hi,

There are no HP provided software that would re-create the raid configuration on the hard drives other than the firmware on HP Smart Array Controllers!

You may try thrid party options as well.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

oliverowell

Hi Alter,

Sorry for replying lately here. Hope, someone else can take help from this thread.

Try Stellar Phoenix RAID Recovery, capable to build corrupt RAID arrays with pre generated parameters, check parity and later, lets you safely restore your data from RAID configured hard drives ( supports RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10).

Give it a go and share your progress!!