1752443 Members
6195 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NetRAID

Gerald Spencer
Occasional Advisor

NetRAID

I need to change the configuration of the Array. I originally had two 4.1 drives using RAID 1. I then added two additional 9.1 drives that I also wanted RAID 1 on. My error was this, one of the new drives was DOA so I installed the single drive with RAID 0, the replacement drive has arrived and I want to change both drives 9.1 to RAID 1. Any help is greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
meloni
Honored Contributor

Re: NetRAID

You can easyly migrate from raid 0 to raid 1, you can run netraid assistant from cd navigator at boot time, there you can do the migration in any OS you have, if you have windows, you can do that on line installing netraid assistant.
These in case you have anetraid controler (netraid 1, 1-si, 3-si, 1M or 2M)
bye

marino
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
Gerald Spencer
Occasional Advisor

All I have is the built in HP NetRAID express Tools. I need to know what I have to do to change only the 9.1 drives from RAID 0 to RAID 1. although the menu "Configuration" says VIEW/ADD/DELETE Configuration.....there is no delete option. I can clear ALL of the current configuration, but then I would lose my OS on the two 4.1 RAID 1 drives....not an option.
Gerald Spencer
Occasional Advisor

I have decided to scrap my total configuration and start over, after calling HP Tech Support, I found out that the first two drives were not configured for RAID 1 using all available space. So I'm starting over. Thanks for your help :)