1753787 Members
7210 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Read this before posting questions

CA660377
Honored Contributor

Read this before posting questions

I just wanted to take some time to explain how things work here on HP's ITRC forums. This system is designed to reward those who answer your questions. It's a way of saying thanks, without having to take the time to type out a reply saying so. If your question gets answered, and the answer works, you should assign that user 8,9 or 10 points for their response. If you assign it 10 points, the thread shows an icon meaning the answer is inside. This can help those in the future who are looking for answers. Maybe their question is already answered and they can find it via a search. If the answer doesn't fix your problem, it is up to you to decide whether the effort put into the response is worthy of points.

I have been here for over a year, and I get points assigned maybe 5% of the time. My general rule is, if I reply and you ask another question in the same thread and don't assign me points, I won't reply again.
4 REPLIES 4
CA817872
Valued Contributor

I always assign points those who answer my questions but not to those who try to jump on the bandwagon after someone else has answered the question.
BR712723
Occasional Contributor

Yes but!

I recently posted a question, received a reply, added my 2c worth, and went off to try the suggested solution.

I now come back (not more than 2 days later) to allocate points and post further comment... and I can't find my question any more! What happened!!! - Chris
Sometimes I feel like roadkill on the Information Highway...
CA660377
Honored Contributor

What was the question about? If it wasn't netserver related, it may have been moved.
meloni
Honored Contributor

chris,
just click on your name, you will see your profile.
there you can read in basic informationall the questions you had asked under "his/her questions" and retreave yours
bye
marino
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)