New Discussion юеВ

Lost Password on HP Storageworks Server with Windows

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ramaprasad K
Regular Advisor

Lost Password on HP Storageworks Server with Windows

Hi all,

There is a HP Storageworks Server (don't know what model as it is just 1U and no details is given except SL no and iLO login detials) with 'Windows 2000 Advanced Server' OS installed on it. CV-EVA is installed on this server to manage EVA 3000.

Now the issue is, Password for the server is lost. The Storage Admin doesn't know even Hostname/IP of the server.

Also, there is requirement to know what is the Vdisk, the RAID level configured on the EVA. Apart from that it is required to create and add more Vdisk. Tried to reset by booting from CD(which is used to reset Admin passwd for other Windows versions of OS), but no success.

Checked ITRC, found following link: http://www.lostpassword.com/windows.htm .
The tool 'Windows Key' available needs to be bought. There is demo version available - will it work for above version of OS. If not, what are other solutions.

Need your suggestions on this.

Regards,
Ramaprasad K
4 REPLIES 4
gstonian
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lost Password on HP Storageworks Server with Windows

Install Command View EVA Software on another server and manage it from there ?

Not sure what version you will be running Command View at but you can find the different Versions here.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=471497&prodTypeId=12169

Anything over Version 7 and you'll need to consider license keys etc as they are required to be entered online.

This may be easier than trying to hack into your old server.
Ramaprasad K
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

Installing CV EVA on another server and using/configuring EVA from it is a good idea. But is there any way I can recover all the configuration details( hosts, Vdisks, RAID...) present on the earlier software, i.e., one installed on server whose password is lost? I hope I should be able to, as all the configurations will be stored on Controllers, which are not messed up. If its true, can you give me procedure to retrieve it from controllers?

Also, is there any way to recover from the Recovery Media provided with the Storage server?

Regards,
Ramaprasad K
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

Host, config details etc. are held on the EVA, not CV.

So when you reinstall you will not need to recover that kind of data it will still be there.

As above, you'll need license keys if you're going to use CV7 or CV8.
Ramaprasad K
Regular Advisor

Fortunately got a software (excellent one) which was able to reset password.

Reset password and resolved the issue.