HPE ProLiant Storage Systems
1748246 Members
3214 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

SSA Status Message Reports Parity Initialization and PDU has no Alerts on Smart Array E200i

Tinkerer
Collector

SSA Status Message Reports Parity Initialization and PDU has no Alerts on Smart Array E200i

Hello,

I was checking the status on a e200i I on a Windows server so first I installed HP SSA and it showed:

HP SSA Version:  2.20.11.0

Recognized: Smart Array E200i ->  Information Status Message(s)
785 Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on Logical Drive 2. If background parity initialization is queued, it will start when I/O is performed on the drive. When background parity initialization completes, the performance of the logical drive will improve.

So I left the server go for a few days and checked back and it showed the same status message.  At that point I performed a firmware upgrade of the e200I controller to the latest, as well as updated the windows driver to the latest available.  SSA still reported the same Partity Initialization.  At this point I installed the latest HP ACU/ADU since I realize SSA is a bit newer then the e200i controller and thought possibly it did not fully support it in hope that the ADU may have more information.  To my surprise ADU showed no issue:

HP ADU/ACU Version: 9.40.12.0

Recognized: Smart Array E200i in Embedded Slot
There are no status alerts at this time

THats where I am at now.  I am not sure which to beleive?  Is their any more accurate way to verify the controller's status and/or get the Parity Initialization to complete or correct the status message in SSA if it is incorrect?

Any thoughts / suggestions that will be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: SSA status message reports Parity Initialization and PDU has no alerts on Smart Array E200i

What model server do you have?