HPE ProLiant Storage Systems
1753506 Members
6624 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Web interface for 4314 Storage array EMU?

Craigcv
Occasional Contributor

Web interface for 4314 Storage array EMU?

Is there a web interface for the EMU on the 4314 array?  We have 2 of these arrays, and both have a CAT 5 port on them.  Is it possible to have the EMU communicate via email?  I cannot locate an EMU manual that would give me this information.  As always, thanks so much in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

Re: Web interface for 4314 Storage array EMU?

Is this the SCSI jbod?.  If it is, that EMU nic port was used in the EMA products.  If its attached to a Smart Array card, the EMU port has no fuctionality.

Craigcv
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for your reply. Sorry John but I am a newbie here.  This storage array used to be in an enclosure but we have moved it to a rack mount.  It is attached via SCSI cable to a new 273914-B21 CPQ Smart Array 6404 256MB card.  As best I can determine the EMU device reports on enclosure temperature, temperature of each HD, Power Supply status as well as Power Supply fan status. Not sure about all of that but I would like to have whatever can be reported be reported via email.  Further research since my post seems to indicate that the CAT 5 port is only for attaching to the upright enclosure and has no other function (I think that is what you are saying as well) Can Insight Manager handle the reporting via communication using the SCSI cable??

John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

The Smart Array 6404 will poll the EMU for status.  Unless the EMU interrupts the 6404 for example when a drive pull.

I'm not sure what capabilities are in the insight agent.  I suspect if the servers home management page provides the information so too will insight manager.  You should have an icon for the servers management page, if you don't, just browse to http://127.0.0.1:2301  it will change to https://127.0.0.1:2381