Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LDAP - PPM SSL certificates issues

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

LDAP - PPM SSL certificates issues

I'm integrating with SSL enabled and the LDAP URL is https:// URL.

Since we have https:// (SSL Enabled) I believe I must have the .cer (Certificates) from LDAP as it is instructed below on the Install Doc

If you are integrating with SSL-enabled LDAP, collect the following additional information.
- Entire certificate chain. That is, root_certificate_authority/intermediate_certificate/host_certificate, in the BASE-64 encoded X509 (.cer) file format

Question is - Once I collect these certificates where do I place them and how? This is not explained on the document and any insights on this would greatly help.

BTW- We are on PPM 8.0

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
6 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: LDAP - PPM SSL certificates issues

I think you just need to "install" the certificates on your server - if it is Windows should be able to just right-click and use "install certificate" and allow it to go to the default location - once complete you can just archive the cer file.

This then allows your server to securely communicate with the LDAP box and you are good to go!

Valued Contributor

Thanks Toby,

We are on Linux (RHEL), do we still just install the certificates and let them find the defaul location?

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
Advisor

Sorry i haven't worked with Certificates on Linux, but this should be a standard function so refer to RHEL docs on security and ssl certificates.

... unless anyone else on the boards does use RHEL?

Acclaimed Contributor Acclaimed Contributor

>this should be a standard function so refer to RHEL docs on security and ssl certificates.

For Debian the certificates seem to be in /etc/ssl/certs/ or /usr/lib/ssl/certs/.

After you put the .pem format certificates there, you need to run: c_rehash .

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much Toby & Dennis,

I'm giving this a try now...

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
Trusted Contributor

it should be under security as i remember, and may be you need to join cert files in a jks file.