Quality Center / ALM Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Quality Centre 11.52 Enterprise and ALM 11.52 support single sign on?

Frequent Advisor

Quality Centre 11.52 Enterprise and ALM 11.52 support single sign on?

Quality Centre 11.52 Enterprise and ALM 11.52 support single sign on and Integration with Active directory?

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Re: Quality Centre 11.52 Enterprise and ALM 11.52 support single sign on?

[ Edited ]

Hi Kamalakar,

Yes, it easily does. Take a look at my posting on ALM 11.0 http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-Support-and-News/Change-LDAP-server-name-after-setting-it-up/m-p/6152225/highlight/true#M80549 

I like the documentation for 11.0 describing this LDAP connection. I have also attached the Installation Guide for 11.5.

I hope this helps.
John Scarpino, D.Sc.
Keep finding bugs!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Kamalakar,

What exactly do you mean by "single sign-on integrated with Active Directory"?

In my environment that means
1. I sign-on to my workstation with credentials that are validated against Active Directory.
2. When I open another application that can also use those same credentials, the sign-on process is executed automatically. I don't have to re-enter my credentials.

I don't believe that ALM 11.52 supports that.

The product does support integration with Active Directory. You can set it up to take the credentials entered by a user and validate them against Active Directory. But the user does still have to enter the credentials.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Occasional Visitor

Hi John,

could you please tell exactly, how to set up HP-ALM to use SSO?

What kind of SSO is used? We have exactly the same problem, that we need an SSO or a smartcard-login, in 11.52.

Thank you for support so far.

john scarpino wrote:

Hi Kamalakar,

Yes, it easily does. Take a look at my posting on ALM 11.0 http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-Support-and-News/Change-LDAP-server-name-after-setting-it-up/m-p/6152225/highlight/true#M80549 

I like the documentation for 11.0 describing this LDAP connection. I have also attached the Installation Guide for 11.5.

I hope this helps.
John Scarpino, D.Sc.
Keep finding bugs!

Respected Contributor

This a rather old thread, but... ALM/QC doesn't support SSO until 12.x.  There is a seperate set of documents on the 12.x install media and document library tht explains how to enable.

Earlier versions of the tool do support LDAP authentication, but not passthrough/SSO.

~Have you Read The Felicitous Manual?
~Please hit the KUDOS button if my reply helped resolve your issue.