5738 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Newbie question: Server error when uploading Application

SOLVED
Go to solution
ankur_aggarwal

Not Sure, I retried everything but still could not get it working for me.

TurboLuk
Occasional Advisor

I don't know details about healthmonitor app, so I'll try to asnwer you in a generic way.

For instance, we generated app using gen-sdn-app  --app myapp --company mycompany --subject MySubj --rest-path turbosubject ...

The default path to access MySubj REST API will be https://{CONTROLLER_ADDRESS}:8443/sdn/myapp/v1.0/turbosubject .

The default path to access GUI REST from outside the Admin Console: https://{CONTROLLER_ADDRESS}:8443/sdn/ui/myapp/app/rs/mysubj .

In other words,  you can access internal app in two ways:

1. via REST API, definition in "myapp-rs" project, and RSDoc: https://{CONTROLLER_ADDRESS}:8443/api/ ,
  2. via Admin console, definition in "myapp-ui" project.

Both are basically classic Java Web Services hosted on Tomcat. Each project Tomcat treats as an independent application, .war file. Each Tomcat app has a descriptor, usually web.xml. You can find it in project folder under: src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml. We only need to edit section near to com.sun.jersey.config.property.classnames  which "activates" our ControllerResource defined in project. Each class which extends ControllerResource has @Path annotation, this determines the suffix of REST path.

I hope, I answered your questions completly despite the fact I'm not from HP and I'm not a Tomcat expert.

SHawkins
Advisor

Thanks so much TurboLuk! Your answer is exactly what I needed and more than I had hoped for!
sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hi ALL,

We are glad that your problem is solved, please let us know if you still face any issue.

The correct and working steps to upload the application (e.g. Device Health Monitor)  mentioned as below

1.As per Admin guide 2.3 page 35-36 please make sure that verifyZips key value is false under com.hp.sdn.adm.mgr.impl.AppManager     component.

2. AS per the Admin guide 2.3 page 68-69 please follow as  below

a) sudo service sdnc stop

b) make an entry -Dsdn.signedJar=none \     in the file /opt/sdn/virgo/bin/dmk.sh 

e.g.

cd $KERNEL_HOME; exec $JAVA_EXECUTABLE \

$JAVA_OPTS \

$DEBUG_OPTS \

$JMX_OPTS \

-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError \

-XX:ErrorFile=$KERNEL_HOME/serviceability/error.log \

-XX:HeapDumpPath=$KERNEL_HOME/serviceability/heap_dump.hprof \

-Dsdn.signedJar=none \

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=$AUTH_LOGIN \

-Dorg.eclipse.virgo.kernel.authentication.file=$AUTH_FILE \

c) start the sdnc service by running

sudo service sdnc start

Please try the method mentioned as above and let us know if you still face any issue.

Thanks,

HP SDN Team

palmerhunt
Occasional Contributor

Hi TurboLuk OCCASIONAL ADVISOR!
Thanks a lot for sharing the solution with us. I’m also facing the same problem few days back but didn’t get any appropriate solution. Your idea helped me.