5796 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Coroner's Toolkit

mckiers
Occasional Advisor

Coroner's Toolkit

In March,
Knut Eckstein posted a message saying that he had was working on porting this to HPUX 10.20.And would be working on ports to other versions of HPUX
I was wondering if he has been able get enough spare time to work on the later versions of HPUX?

Thanks Knut for being the brave one to tackle the porting of this toolkit.
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Sim Kok Leong
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You reminded me to check for updates on the TCT website:

http://www.isd.uni-stuttgart.de/~knut.eckstein/tct-hp.html

Seems like only the port for HP-UX 10.20 is available. I am also hoping that he will be able to port the releases for 11.00, 11i and the newest 11i v1.6.

Knut, do keep us updated. :-) Thanks. Regards.

Steven Sim Kok Leong
Knut Eckstein
Advisor

Hi,

here's the update :-)
I managed to install 11.0 on my second box, also a 735/99, after some fumbling with an external wide SE drive.

I had a quick look at the installed OS and it *seemed* like the interfaces which are relevant for TCT did not change.

That means, compilation will be easy, the main efford will be in verifying that everthing works as expected.

If you want to give it a try yourself, be my guest :-) All you have to know is a bit of makefile language. If you look at the file makedefs in each subdirectory of the src/ dir, there is a string matching for 10.20. If you change that to match 11.00, you can try to compile. The name of the label would still be HPUX10, but that's just a label, just leave it as it is. It is used to control the OS specific #IFDEFS in the source code.

I hopefully find some time to try compilation and testing myself during the next weeks, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Knut
mckiers
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the update Knut.
I will try if I get time to change the makefile as you suggest.
Knut Eckstein
Advisor

Pearse,

I managed to compile it on 11.00 during the weekend. No unexpected difficulties. The hard part, as always, is now the test and verification part. Initial tests have been sucessful, I think I need another evening of testing, before the stuff will be on my website. In case you need it urgently, I could also email you the current version tonight.

As I only have 10.20 and 11.00, I would be very interested if you could try and compile on 11.11 or higher.

Best regards,

Knut