1752782 Members
6047 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TCPIP port security (IP blacklist)

Hoff
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update. I hadn't noticed that the firewall feature was dropped from the V8.4 roadmap. Ah, well.

I'd not been waiting for V8.4 here regardless, and am presently running external firewall boxes for the OpenVMS servers both for the direct control and for various other capabilities that a firewall can provide.
cdan
Frequent Advisor

Waiting for the update, if the need for blocking a specific port is really important, you can do it the "dirty way": implement in sylogin a procedure to lookup the BG device of the incoming connections, harvest the local or remote tcpip port from output of tcpip sho dev and logout the "hacker".
Or I can do it for you for 5 czech beers :)
Warren_Kahle
Occasional Advisor

System Detective, which I develop at PointSecure, has the capability, among many others, of deleting processes with a specific string in the port field of their terminal.  The source of a session connection is frequently listed in the port field.  Security events are recorded, notifications may be made, reports may be generated, etc.  You can see information about System Detective at www.PointSecure.com.