108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: documentation for LDAP ACME agent for OpenVMS

SOLVED
Go to solution
BoyeDav
Frequent Advisor

documentation for LDAP ACME agent for OpenVMS

We're running OpenVMS 8.3 on I64, latest patches as of June 2007. We have an LDAP v3 server (Novell eDirectory), and we'd like to use it for external LDAP authentication on our OpenVMS server.

I'm having trouble finding any documentation on configuration the LDAP acme agent on OpenVMS. I'm sure we need to supply the info for the LDAP server, and perhaps some info about attributes, etc.

I've done all kinds of search on HP's site, google, etc. I usually have pretty good luck tracking things down, but not this time.
5 REPLIES 5
Hoff
Honored Contributor

David G. Douthitt
Regular Advisor

The given documentation is all about writing ACME agents, clients, etc.

What was requested, as I see it (and which I could also very well use) is documentation on how to *configure* the LDAP ACME agent, not how to write one.

I don't need to know about ACME programming, data structures, callout routines, callback routines, and entry points: I just want to know (and I think he does too) how to configure the LDAP ACME agent specifically. The ACME Developer's Guide never mentions LDAP even once.

I did see in one document it stated thus:

The ACMELDAP kit contains the LDAP
ACME sharable image, management tools,
a startup file, CLD file, and
initialization template, as well as the
.PS, .TXT and .HTML documentation.

Too bad that's not available online somewhere.
BoyeDav
Frequent Advisor

yes, I'm looking for info on how to configure the existing LDAP agent, not write my own.
Hoff
Honored Contributor
Solution

David G. Douthitt
Regular Advisor

Thanks Hoff! That description at the HoffmanLabs Blog is fantastic. I have a concise followup on my (nonwizard!) understanding of the process here:

http://administratosphere.wordpress.com/2007/10/31/ldap-on-openvms/