Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Package Symantec Netbackup Installer

Highlighted
Advisor

Package Symantec Netbackup Installer

Hi Experts

I have a situation. I'm in the midst of packaging (zip package) the Symantec Netbackup Installer for my HP SA. But according to my counter part which is Syamntec engineer, there is no silent/response files for Symantec Netbackup for Linux.

I would want to know anyone other there face this problem before? Where can I get the silent/response file for this installer?

Please advise

Thanks

Jun Hao

3 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Package Symantec Netbackup Installer

Hey JunHao,

You're saying that a vendor's representative is saying that no silent installation nor response file

and you're asking HP support for one?

Mihai Lazar
Technical Solutions Consultant

*If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Advisor

Hi Mihai Lazar

According to the symantec engineer, there is not such silent installation file or response file for linux agent installation. Tha't why I posting this thread to confirm the statement.

Sounds like I should ask the support engineer to post on Symantec forum.

Thanks
Jun Hao
Regular Advisor

I ran into a similiar issue with a different product.  What I ended up doing was modifying the install script to make it non-interactive (not sure if you can do that) and remade the zip file.  Then we used a software policy to simply install the zip file and wrote a OGSH script to run the installation script. 

HTH,

Bert