Server Clustering
1752794 Members
5769 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to configure and monitor new MSA

DrJones

How to configure and monitor new MSA

Setting up an ESX cluster with two 380DL G6 as ESX hosts and a MSA2132sa to store the VMs. I think I've figured out how to configure MSA, through serial cable and logging in. However how to monitor MSA when a drive goes bad now is the question. The OS on the hosts is ESX 3.5
2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: How to configure and monitor new MSA

MSA2132sa has a network port for remote management. If you connect it to a network segment that has a DHCP server, it can get an IP address automatically. If there is no DHCP server, you can use your serial cable connection to configure the network parameters.

The network port also offers various industry-standard monitoring protocols, including SNMP and WBEM (SMI-S). The MSA2132sa can also be configured to send you an email if there's a problem.

It's all in the documentation.

MK
MK
DrJones

Re: How to configure and monitor new MSA

Thank you very much, thats is what I was hoping for. We use open view for general up and down status and MOM for more detailed alerting. We also hove insight manager but we are getting away from. Knowing that the MSA uses SNMP is a great comfort and that we can set it up to alert us when a drive goes bad is comforting. We also hope to setup a hot spare as well so that it replaces a drive automatically if one does go bad. Thanks again for your response.