1753765 Members
5966 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot set disk thresholds.

Ron Stoecker
Occasional Contributor

Cannot set disk thresholds.

I connect to my server through https://localhost:2381 and login as administrator (also tried operator). I then attempt to set disk thresholds, but the triangles will not slide over to set the thresholds. A message at the bottom of the screen states "Thresholds cannot be set due to access limitations" I'm logged in as local admin on the server and also as administrator on the Compaq system amangement page. What gives?

Thanks

Ron
3 REPLIES 3
Brent Ingler
Respected Contributor

You're using CIM7, right? You can set disk thresholds from the CIM server, using a "Set Disk Threshold" task. It's one of the new tasks that you can create under the control tasks. In order to do this, however, you'll need to define a query which shows the servers that you want to set the thresholds on. If you want to do all of them, it's really easy. Just create a query that looks at Devices of Type: Servers, and you're done. If you want to make it more specific, though, you can do so either by system name, OS, or System type, or a combination of those three plus others. You will, though, have to create separate tasks for each query that you create. If you have any questions as to how to do this, please post them here.

Brent
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

This probably has to do with the SNMP security from the console/IM7 you're trying to manage your server from. Make sure that the community string on both sides is the same.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!
Brent Ingler
Respected Contributor

Gert,

From the text of the initial message, it looked like he was going to the individual client and trying to set the threshold there, which is why I suggested setting it from the server. If I'm reading the original message right, it sounds like it's more of a problem with security settings for the agents themselves, not an SNMP issue.

Ron,

I'd suggest that you uninstall & reinstall the agents on one of the machines in question, if you don't want to set the thresholds from the server. Then, try it again and see if that works. Also, make sure that all of the compaq agents (including web agent) are running on the system that you're working with. If that still doesn't work, try connecting from another machine, as there may be some security/cache issue with the browser on the system you're using.

Brent