5753 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL 5026 Library in CIM

Oliver Klahr
Occasional Contributor

MSL 5026 Library in CIM

Hello Everybody,
We have a Compaq MSL5026SL which gets discovered and the HW Status shows up green but we can not see the Product Name or get any Status Information. We have CIM7Sp1.2 installed. Does anybody have a solution for this? Thanks,
Oliver
6 REPLIES 6
John McDonnell
Occasional Advisor

Re: MSL 5026 Library in CIM

You could try deleting it from the database and then re add manually specifying the lock SERVER and NAME & TYPE before adding the device.
Scott Shaffer
Esteemed Contributor

The MSL5026SL is a DLT library that is either SCSI attached or SAN attached.

How do you have it configured?

I didn't think this could be hooked to the LAN, but maybe there is a NIC option for it?

I admit to not being an expert on the storage products, and tape libraries even less so.
Dude, we've been totally misled by our album covers!
Oliver Klahr
Occasional Contributor

Well, the MSL is just connected to the LAN.
if you look at the MSL FAQ??s it states that the library reports drive status for example. But that is not happening in our case, what are we doing wrong???

Oliver
Scott Shaffer
Esteemed Contributor

The management of SAN-attached tape drives is done through the SAN management appliance.

IM7 doesn't know about status in this case, but will recieve events on problems with the drive when forwarded to IM7 from the SAN management appliance.

If you don't have a SAN management appliance I'm not sure what else might be available. You might try posting into a storage related forum and see if you get a response there.
Dude, we've been totally misled by our album covers!
Oliver Klahr
Occasional Contributor

Okay, i will try and post in another forum. But thanks anyway!
Oliver
Rene Lacurie

If your library is attached to your LAN then you can access it with a web browser and modify SNMP settings. Defaults community strings are the usual ones (public, private).