1752552 Members
4263 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Rack and Power manager 1.1 event responses

Pavel Jiracek
Occasional Advisor

Rack and Power manager 1.1 event responses

Can anybody tell me how to configure Event responses if I want the usual thing: If there is a powercut the system should gracefully shutdown. If the system is on battery say 10s and then power is restored the shutdown should be cancelled. I have not been able to achieve this after quite a lot of experimenting.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rack and Power manager 1.1 event responses

Did you create a new query? Or a service state change?
Pavel Jiracek
Occasional Advisor

No, I dont have any queries apart from All devices. I dont know what a service state change is. I cannot see any way how to interrupt a shutdown triggered by an event (On battery?) if the state changes again (On utility power). Even if I postpone the shutdown after the point when the power is back, the system shuts down and the action for event On utility power does not overide the shutdown. Surely I'm missing something.

What type of battery backups are you using?

Do you have software and/or a cable connected to the server?

Sorry, I am not familiar with the Rack and Power Manager. Does it use a cable plugged into the server?
Bill Place_1
Frequent Advisor

There is no need to configure an event response for a Power Failure. It is already part of HPRPM software. If you are using HP Rack and Power Manager 1.1 this should have worked right out of the box. Below are brief instructions on configuring power fail settings for HP Rack and Power Manager.

All you need to do is:
1. Discover and Manage the UPS.
2. From the UPS Power Fail settings page make sure all of the computers that are plugged into the UPS are associated with the correct Load Segments. Each Load Segment has two settings, one for the load segment and one for the computer attached to a load segment.
3. Next click on the computer associated with load segment one, you will see delayed OS shutdown and time required to shutdown the OS settings appear.
4. The ├в Time delayed before beginning OS shutdown:├в should be defaulted to 2 minutes. This is the delay that HPRPM will wait before issuing a shutdown command to the computer. So if power is restored before the 2 minutes are up the shut down will not start.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for each computer.

Note: I├в m not sure what power fail shutdown settings you may have configured on the event response page. You should be configuring Power Fail settings on the Power Fail settings page and not on th