1755728 Members
2942 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SNMP Trap 22030: Rack Power Subsystem Not Load Balanced

Terrence Holt
Occasional Advisor

SNMP Trap 22030: Rack Power Subsystem Not Load Balanced

I have CIM Management Agents running on my Proliant BL20P G2 servers and am continually getting the following message from the event notifier service.

Description:
A 'Rack Power Subsystem Not Load Balanced' trap signifies that the power subsystem is out of balance for this power enclosure. Check the power enclosure and power supplies.

Has anyone seen this on these systems?
13 REPLIES 13
Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

Re: SNMP Trap 22030: Rack Power Subsystem Not Load Balanced

How is your power enclosure configured? At the minimum, you should have a brick on the left side of the enclosure, and one in slot number 4.

Jeff
Terrence Holt
Occasional Advisor

I have redundant power on this system, and I have two power supplies, two inserted into the front of the enclosure. I assume this is what you are calling "bricks"? I then have the scalable mini-bus bar in the back of the system with dual 30A feeds into the power enclosure. I am uncertain as to what should be in slot #4. All 8 slots are filled by the servers and nothing else - is there some sort of power configuration that I am missing?
Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

Sorry about the confusion. The power supplies are what I was referring to as "bricks". If you only have two power supplies, one should be inserted in the first slot on the power enclosure, and one should be inserted in the 4th slot of the power enclosure (First slot on the right half of the enclosure). Can you try moving the power supply, and let me know if that solves your problem.

Thanks,

Jeff
Terrence Holt
Occasional Advisor

There are slots for 6 bricks in the power enclosure and I have bricks inserted into slot #s 1,2,4,5. Need they be in order?
Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

That sounds like the correct order for loading the bricks. Two on the left side, and two on the right. How many Blade enclousures are you running with that configuration? Are you using a "Mini Bus Bar", a "Bus Bar" or the individual connectors to connect power to the back of each Blade enclosure?
Terrence Holt
Occasional Advisor

Yeah, this is the correct config according to page 4-15 of the BL20p install guide. For Single Phase power, slots 1,2,4,5 are to be used. We have one blade enclosure and are using the Mini-Bus bar config.
Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

Hmmm, so how many Blades are in the enclosure? Do you have them installed evenly on both sides of the enclosure (same as power supplies)? And you have power going up both sides of the bus bar and connecting to both sides of the Blade enclosure?
Terrence Holt
Occasional Advisor

Yes and Yes. I have the full enclosure (8 blades) and do have 30A circuits connected to both power buses on the back of the unit. Curious.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The information about the intelligent infrastructure (including power) is surfaced through iLO (note additional tab in the UI for p-Class blades). In the absence of all other solutions, an iLO firmware upgrade may be the ticket.