Servers: The Right Compute
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Spiceheads review the HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8

‎03-07-2014 08:00 AM - edited ‎09-30-2015 07:02 AM

SpiceWorks is a free network monitoring software and community with a following of over 5M IT Pros who call themselves Spiceheads.  Denis Kelley, a Spicehead, reviews the HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8. See his full article here

SpiceRex.jpg

In his article he provides his final verdict on the system stating the following:

The Verdict

The HP ProLiant Gen8 MicroServer is a great product for its cost.  The thought that kept occurring to me was that this was a NAS that wants to be enterprise equipment. I guess it is still trying to find its identity. On one hand you have multiple NICs, iLO4, Intelligent Provisioning, and a RAID controller; on the other you have flimsy HD caddies & screws and limited options for RAM. This kit is perfect for a single SMB server, an awesome test lab, or a virtual host for non-critical servers. For the entry price of a bit over $500, I’m thinking of getting one for my home.

Thank you Denis for providing the community with your overview!

For more information about the HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 please see the website.

0 Kudos
About the Author

Lucy_Ellis

Events
Aug 29 - Sep 1
Boston, MA
HPE Big Data Conference 2016
Attend HPE’s Big Data Conference on August 29 - September 1, 2016 to learn from peers in every industry and hear from Big Data experts and thought lea...
Read more
Sep 13-16
National Harbor, MD
HPE Protect 2016
Protect 2016 is our annual conference on September 13 - 16, 2016, and is the place to meet the world’s top information security talent, discuss new pr...
Read more