Service Manager / Service Center Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HTML Email (scsmtp.exe vs -emailout)

Esteemed Contributor Esteemed Contributor

HTML Email (scsmtp.exe vs -emailout)

I'm running SM 9.31 with scsmtp.exe and want to start using HTML emails.  I've installed the HTML pack and have noticed that scsmtp.exe doesn't send them as HTML emails.  I can't see a setting in the ini file to change from plain text.

So, after some searching, it appears that "sm -emailout" does HTML emails.  I've tested this and it works, however have some questions.

Currently, I have scsmtp.exe running as a service, so I can easily stop/restart it when it stops working.  If I add sm -emailout to the sm.cfg file, I can't do this easily.  I notice there is an info record for emailout.startup, which starts this process.  Is there anyway to pass parameters to this?  I need the -clean paramter on my emails.  I can do this in the sm.cfg file, with 'sm -emailout -clean', but don't know how to do it in the info record.  I've tried this, as I thought I read it somewhere, but it doesn't work.

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Re: HTML Email (scsmtp.exe vs -emailout)

Just a thought here.. what if you put clean:1 parameter in sm.ini and leave the info record as sm -emailout    as this will automatically pickup settings from sm.ini like smtp host, port, username etc so it may also pickup clean:1 parameter as well.

Regards,
Shishir Gupta

HTML Email is supported by the SMTP email application as of 9.30. 

Did you add the following parameter to the sm.ini? It enables HTML mail using SMTP.

smtpTLS:1

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor Esteemed Contributor

Putting clean:1 in the sm.ini seems to have done it.  Will do a bit more testing, but looked all good.  Thanks for the suggestion :)

I didn't have the smtpTLS option in the sm.ini file, and have added it.  HTML email was working however via emailout.  Should that enable it for scsmtp.exe?

[ Edited ]

I prefare emailout, it fully supports diacritics and have more features than scsmtp. Please do not use them together, it may double sends mails.