Operating System - HP-UX
1753954 Members
7444 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cluster Error (Error: IP subnets don't match, interface lan3 on node1)

Akif_1
Super Advisor

Cluster Error (Error: IP subnets don't match, interface lan3 on node1)

Hi,

My company recently created new Vlans on the network and new subnet mask & gateway updated in the servers, But whenever i start cluster it  throws below error then it started successfully.

Do i need to update any cluster configuration file

or

What is the way to resolve this issue.

Logs:==========

node2:/#cmrunnode -v node2
cmrunnode  : Validating network configuration...
Gathering configuration information ..
Gathering Network Configuration ...... Done
Error: IP subnets don't match, interface lan3 on node1
Error: IP netmasks don't match, interface lan3 on node1
Error: IP subnets don't match, interface lan3 on node2
Error: IP netmasks don't match, interface lan3 on node2
cmrunnode: Failed to validate the network configuration as reported above but will try to start the nodes anyway.
cmrunnode  : Network validation complete
cmrunnode  : Waiting for cluster to form......
cmrunnode  : Cluster successfully formed.
cmrunnode  : Check the syslog files on all nodes in the cluster
cmrunnode  : to verify that no warnings occurred during startup.

T(ogether) E(very one) A(chive) M(ore)
4 REPLIES 4
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

> Do i need to update any cluster configuration file

That's exactly what you'll have to do.

Use the "cmgetconf" command to convert the current binary-form cluster configuration file to text form. Then edit the network parameters to match the new situation. Verify the new configuration with "cmcheckconf", then apply it with "cmapplyconf".

The cmapplyconf command will automatically update the binary-form configuration in all the cluster nodes.

For more details and usage examples, run "man cmgetconf", "man cmcheckconf", "man cmapplyconf".

MK
Akif_1
Super Advisor

Hello,

Use the "cmgetconf" command to convert the current binary-form cluster configuration file to text form

** My cluster file is under /etc/cmcluster ...........cmclconfig , How can i convert this file.

Then edit the network parameters to match the new situation

*Iam totally unaware about this editing option of cluster files.

Verify the new configuration with "cmcheckconf", then apply it with "cmapplyconf".

##Please provide  the prodution environment docs to troubleshoot this issue.

#I hope i can do this changes online on HP-UX 11.11(v1)

##Today one of a package auto-run disable automatically , I hope this is a beginning of the problem under cluster.

Thanks a lot for your valuable input..........

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

> Iam totally unaware about this editing option of cluster files.

I guess you have only edited the package control scripts (typically /etc/cmcluster/<packagename>/<packagename>.cntl) until now. These have a lot of settings, but they are not the only places you need to modify when changing netmasks within the cluster.

You should never edit the cmclconfig file directly: only through cmgetconf/cmapplyconf.

To get the cluster configuration in ASCII form to file (e.g. /tmp/cluster.conf), run:

cmgetconf /tmp/cluster.conf

Then edit the /tmp/cluster.conf file: modify any lines with keywords HEARTBEAT_IP or STATIONARY_IP to match the new network configuration.

You'll also need to get the package configuration file(s) to ASCII form for editing: for this, you'll need to know the names of your Serviceguard packages. You can view the list of packages with the "cmviewcl" command. For example, if you have two packages named "package1" and "package2", run:

cmgetconf -v -p package1 /tmp/package1.conf
cmgetconf -v -p package2 /tmp/package2.conf

The package configuration files may include SUBNET declarations: if your netmask has changed, these will most likely need to be changed. Changing the SUBNETs will require the packages to be halted when you apply the changes, so you'll need to schedule some downtime.

The next step is to run the cmcheckconf command to check the new configuration:

cmcheckconf -v -C /tmp/cluster.conf

If the check indicates errors in the cluster configuration, fix them before proceeding.

If the check indicates conflicts with the package configuration(s), you may need to temporarily remove the package configuration from the cluster, so that you can apply first the new cluster configuration, and then the new package configurations. (This will only delete the package configuration inside the cmclconfig file: the package control scripts, filesystems and mountpoints will remain as-is.)

cmdeleteconf -v -p package1
cmdeleteconf -v -p package2

If there are no errors, it's time to apply the new cluster configuration:

cmapplyconf -v -C /tmp/cluster.conf

Then check and apply the new package configurations:

cmcheckconf -v -P /tmp/package1.conf
cmapplyconf -v -P /tmp/package1.conf

cmcheckconf -v -P /tmp/package2.conf
cmapplyconf -v -P /tmp/package2.conf

After this, your cluster configuration should be updated to match your new subnet configurations.

MK
Akif_1
Super Advisor

Thanks a lot dear .......i will apply this configuration during weekend, I hope i can do  this ONLINE as well , Kindly check enclosed cmscancl for your review and feedback........