Am I able to restart the package:
#cmrunpkg Oracle
???

4 REPLIES 4
John Poff
Honored Contributor

Re: Run Pkg while Status=Down and Halted

Hi,

If your package shows a status of down and halted, you should be able to restart it with cmrunpkg. This should bring up your package and put it in an up status.

The PKG_SWITCH being disabled means that the package won't automatically failover to another node if it was configured to in the package config file.

JP
SM_3
Super Advisor

thing is it will not restart

in pkg.cntl.log it says:
Node "venus": Remove IP address 192.168.1.4 from subnet 192.168.1.0
Thomas Schler_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

SM,

the entry in pkg.cntl.log was printed when the package was halted.

If your package does not start, follow the pkg.cntl.log (tail -f) and the syslog.log (grep cmcld syslog.log).

Check if the node-oriented PKG_SWITCH is disabled on that node where you want to start the package (check with cmviewcl -v). If so, enable the PKG_SWITCH with the -n option of cmmodpkg. Then start the package.
no users -- no problems
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

To determine whether you can restart the package on the server, become familiar with the command:

# cmviewcl -v -p Oracle

The output will show you both the state of the AUTO_RUN flag, and the state of the Node_Switching flags for that specific package. If all are set to enabled, it's a sure bet you can restart the package. If the AUTO_RUN flag or the node's Node_Switching parameter are "disabled", then you will need to become familiar with the cmmodpkg to insure you can toggle the correct flag back to "enabled".

Use the -n option with cmmodpkg to toggle the Node_Switching flag. Use cmmodpkg without the -n option to toggle the AUTO_RUN flag.

-Stephen