8558 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

how to add Logical LV in a MC/SG with OPS

Manju Kampli
Trusted Contributor

how to add Logical LV in a MC/SG with OPS

Hello All,

I have 2 node cluster running 11i and 9iRAC (OPS) with shared volume group configured.

Some of the online documents says, I can't make any changes to volume group without deactivating the VG.

For a Normal SG, we can add it online and do vgexport -p on one node, copy the map file to other node and vgimport on other node. Is the procedure different for MC/SG with OPS.

any info on this would be appericiated.

Thanks,
Never stop "LEARNING"
2 REPLIES 2
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: how to add Logical LV in a MC/SG with OPS

As you have a SHARED mode VG, you cannot do any of this work while hte VG is activated, you MUST deactivate hte vg, which means halting th e package, and maybe halting the cluster
see the manual at
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/pdf/B5158-90044.pdf page 309 onwards
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

Re: how to add Logical LV in a MC/SG with OPS

Hello Manju,

Many of the LVM man pages indicate that no changes can be performed on "shared" volume groups - ex:

lvcreate cannot be performed if the volume group is activated in shared
mode.

The "shared" reference doesn't mean physically shared (such as is also the case with standard ServiceGuard VGs), but VGs that have been marked for shared activation for use with SGeRAC (ServiceGuard-OPS).

Prior to performing most LVM changes on such VGs, the VG must be deactivated on all nodes (cmhaltpkg) and then unshared (vgchange -c n VGNAME). Then re-activate the VG normally (vgchange -a y VGNAME) and perform the manipulations. Note that certain manipulations may require the other node's be updated with the changes by way of vgexport and vgimporting of the VG.

See also UXSGLVKBAN00000008
TITLE: Adding Logical Volumes to a ServiceGuard volume group

StephenD